Please shut down any Antivirus SW on your PC (it
must be shut down not disabled, see your AV suppliers
documentation on instructions how to do this) while using the
Nextgen Server, This is very important !!
Before you start.
Before you go any further make sure Active Sync has been shut
down, or the Client will be unable to communicate with the
Also if you use “Microsoft Active Sync” Shut that down as well.
Go in to "security" on the handset and remove
"security code" before unlocking. This sometimes causes
1. Run Client
2. Enter your User name & Password under “username & password”
3. Click on “server settings” make sure “main server” is
4. in “phone settings” select “treo-650” from drop down list.
5. Remove Treo Battery Cover & Power on Treo
6. Connect USB Sync Cable (as supplied with phone)
7. Place Phone in “Test Mode” by following the steps below;
• Press and Hold Button on USB Cable
• Using Pen Press and hold for 1 second Reset button in Back of
• Release reset button, then release Active Sync button on Cable
• Display should be red/blue etc and detail boot loader version
• Phone is now in Test Mode
If Windows now detects a new device
(this will happen the first time you put your Treo650
into test mode)
1. A new hardware wizard will appear.
Select "No, not this time" if asked about connecting to
2. Then on the next screen Select "Don’t search, I will
choose driver to install." Click on the "Have Disc … "
3. Select the drivers, direct windows to the folder
containing the Treo HTTC drivers
..if presented with a Windows warning about Microsoft
signing of drivers. Choose "Continue Anyway"
4. Windows will now install the drivers.
5. Click on finish on next screen
6. Windows has finished installing New Hardware
You will only need to do this once per PC.
8. Now click “Connect & Get Codes” on client SW,
(codes should be displayed in under 5 Seconds)
9. Codes will be displayed in client SW
10. Codes will also be saved to a txt log file in the folder
from where you're running the software
Entering the Unlock codes
11. Remove Treo battery, unplug cable
12. Insert incorrect SIM card (1 the phone does not accept)
13. Power on Treo-650, “Sim not allowed” is displayed, click
14. Goto the dial pad, and use the stylus to enter code one *#*#MEP
CODE# exactly as displayed in the server client. Then press
15. Phone will reset and display “sim lock removed”
Phone Unlocked !!!!
Q. I get "Can not initialise" when
trying to read codes.
A. The drivers are not installed correctly, update
>> Right click on My Computer
>> Select properties
>> Click hardware tab
>> Click device manager
Look to see what the Treo is listed as
It SHOULD be listed as HTC USB device, but may be listed as Palm
device or other USB device
If you RIGHT CLICK on the incorrect device and click on "update
driver".. Then follow the guide on installing drivers above
Once drivers have been updated, close the Server client SW,
reopen and start from the beginning of step 4.
Your Treo must be in BOOT MODE while you update the driver
Q. I click "Get Treo650 Codes" but i
just get " Generating codes" and the PC just sits there
A. Then your treo has frozen, an application in it's
memory has caused the treo to crash.
1st try a soft reset on your Treo650
* Soft reset is a reboot of your Treo650 operating system, like
restarting Windows on a PC
* This closes all applications on your Treo including those that
may have hung or crashed.
* Simply remove the battery from your treo for several seconds
* If this doesn't work, push a paper clip into the RESET hole
under the battery.
Once you have done this start again from Step 3 you will need to
place your Treo 650 in boot mode again
Q. I have performed a soft reset but i
still get " Generating codes" and the PC just sits there
A. If a soft reset fails to solve this, then an application on
your treo650 is corrupt, A hard reset will erase everything
you have on your Treo (excluding what's on the ROM, or what you
have on your SD card) and restore it to a clean
setup, so removing any corrupt applications.
1. Remove the battery cover from the treo
2. Whilst pressing "Power/End" button, press the reset button on
the back of the Treo with the stylus
3. Continue pressing the "Power/End" button
4. The PALMONE logo now appears with a progress bar
5. When the circular "Palm Powered" logo appears release the
6. When the "Erase all data ?" prompt appears press Up to
7. If a "select Language" option appears, then select the same
language as your desktop software.
Once the hard reset is complete start again from Step 3 you will
need to place your Treo 650 in boot mode again
Q.When I click on Unlock, I get ERROR
CODE 10060 or Error Code 10049
A.This is a communications error. Your PC is not talking to the
1. This is normally down to firewall problems.
2. Disable any firewall software you have running
3. Disable Windows firewall in your control panel
4. Disable the firewall on your router if you use one
5. Also, temporarily disable any antivirus software, antispyware
etc as these can block communications also.
Server Uses PORT 6968
If you are on a network ,behind a ROUTER, or connect via a
GATEWAY, you may need to open up PORT 6968, please refer to your
routers manual or speak to your network manager for specific
instructions for your setup.
Q. I Get Incorrect
Username or Password
A. The password is case sensitive, please enter exactly as
displayed in the email sent to you. Also check that you have not
a "0" instead of "o" or visa versa
If you have copied and pasted the details, please make sure you
have not put a space at the end by accident, as the server will
this as part of the details
Q. How do I disable Microsoft Active
A. Active sync needs to be disabled to allow the server client
to talk to the phone.
1. Right click on the active sync icon in the task bar
2. Click on Connection Settings
3. Make sure the boxes on the left are not
ticked, then click OK
Active Sync is now disabled
Q. I I've entered the
code but the phone displays "The Sim Lock has not been removed"
A. You have tried to enter the code with out first powering on
the phone, if you go to the dial pad you will notice in the top
left hand corner of the screen it says "Phone off", power on the
phone, and enter the code again.
Q. I can not open the software, I get
the message “Secure Engine driver cannot be updated, because
there are programs using it,
You need to close those programs or restart your PC”
A. You need to shut down your antivirus, The server client uses
some very advance routines for protection, these monitor for
programs that might be malicious or compromise it’s security, in
much the same way as your antivirus software, and often can not
be run at the same time. See your AV suppliers documentation on
how to shut it down, it must be shut down and not just disabled
or auto monitoring turned off.
Q. I get the message “Cannot connect to
A. Make sure the drivers are installed correctly, (see top of
this section), make sure the SD card is removed from the phone,
sure the handset code is disable (goto Security under settings),
make sure all antivirus software is shutdown.