Rooting your HTC Hero is simple however, be aware that rooting your HTC Hero will void your device’s warranty. The benefit of using the Kingo rooting software below to root your HTC Hero is that it will not delete any pre-installed apps. In addition to this, you can “unroot” your HTC Hero at any time using this software.
Now root your HTC Hero following the guide below.
Preparing to root your HTC Hero :
- Download Android Root and install it on your computer.
- Make sure your HTC Hero is powered on and has at least 50% battery level
1. Double-click the desktop icon to launch HTC Hero Android Rooting software.
You will then see the see the initial phone ‘not connected’ screen.
2. Next, connect your HTC Hero to the computer via the USB cable.
If this is the first time you’ve connected your HTC Hero to your PC then you will have to wait till the USB drivers are installed before the HTC Hero Rooting software will detect the phone (the original USB cable is recommended).
3. Next, enable USB debugging mode on your HTC Hero .
If you have already done this, skip this step and move on. If not, please follow the instructions as shown on the software interface according to your Android version. Alternatively, the video below may be able to help you enable debugging mode on your HTC Hero . [relatedYouTubeVideos relation=”keywords” terms=”enable usb debugging HTC Hero ” exact=”false” max=”1″ showVideoTitle=”true” lang=”en” orderBy=”relevance” start=”0″ width=450 height=250]
4. Note: Read the notifications carefully before proceeding.
There are many advantages and dis-advantages to rooting your HTC Hero . Please ensure that you know what your are doing and only continue after you’ve read the notifications and aware if the inadvertent consequences.
5. Click ROOT to start the rooting process when you are ready.
It will take 3 to 5 minutes to complete the phone rooting process. Once you’ve started it, do not move, touch, unplug USB cable or perform any operation on your phone!
6. ROOT Succeeded! Click Finish and wait for phone to reboot.
Your HTC Hero is now successfully rooted and you need to click Finish to reboot it in order for the changes to take full effect. Do not touch, move or unplug it until it reboots.Check your device and you’ll find a SuperSU icon, which is the mark of a successful ROOT.